Introducing the Life Sciences Innovation Export Hub
The Life Sciences Innovation Export Hub (Export Hub) in Queensland will be established through a collaboration with Life Sciences Queensland (LSQ), Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and the Australia China Technology Incubator (ACTI), supported by the Australian Government’s SME Export Hub grant opportunity.
The Hub will bring together industry and research expertise from the Queensland life sciences sector with dedicated Asian export capability and knowledge. LSQ will lead the Hub, supported by project partners QUT who will leverage the experience and expertise of the Bridge and BridgeTech commercialisation programs; and ACTI who will bring significant knowledge and networks in the Asia Pacific region and model training programs for Asian markets.
The Export Hub aims to develop Queensland’s life sciences sector by providing participants with tools to accelerate the commercialisation of their research and technology including:
- Training in commercialisation and export strategies specific to the life sciences
- Advice and expertise to accessing key markets in the Asia Pacific region
- Exposure to industry practitioners, domestic and international
- Access to existing partner programs such as regional SME support, commercialisation training, and start-up incubators
What will the program involve?
The Export Hub will work on a competitive model; selecting applicants from around Queensland based on criteria including the development stage of the technology and compatibility with identified target export markets in Asia.
The project will allow for two programs to be run on annual cycles and will support 50+ SMEs and start-ups over the two years of the project, with activities including:
- Workshops and seminars on key issues, delivered by industry and business leaders with expertise in Asian export markets
- Bootcamps to develop and refine key export strategies and pitches to identified target markets
- Online training for commercialisation to key export markets and emerging sectors in Asia Pacific
- Participant missions to key Asian markets
How do I apply?
Applications will be open on Wednesday 21 October 2020 through this website application portal.
The key focus markets are North Asia (Greater China, Japan, Korea) and South East Asia/ASEAN, with the long-term objective of participant SMEs and start-ups establishing physical presences and/or long-term partnerships in these areas.
How do I find out more?