Organisational The University of Queensland - Centre for Clinical Research
5:Section 250 Remember – when you contact a Member, please tell them you found them in the 2018 LSQ Member Directory Type of Organisation
Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital
Herston QLD 4029
+61 7 3346 5555
Dr Bruce Wyse
+61 417 625 368
• Academic Health Science Centre
• Biomarker Discovery
• Clinical Research Centre
• Assay Development
• Biomarker Discovery and Services
• Infectious Diseases
• Mass Spectrometry
• Research & Development
• Translational Medicine and Research
• Human Healthcare
In partnership with the Queensland Government and major US Philanthropic organisation Atlantic Philanthropies, The University of
Queensland has developed the $70 million UQ Centre for Clinical Research (CCR) at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
Focused on improving people's lives through patient-orientated research, we offer state-of-the-art facilities and bring together leading
health professionals, clinicians and scientists from around the globe.
By 'patient-orientated research' we mean research that is conducted in response to questions that arise at the bedside. This allows us
to provide better treatment and results for patients, as well as adding to the body of knowledge about particular diseases or problems.
UQCCR vision is:
• Be a world leader in innovative and multidisciplinary collaborative clinical research.
• Provide excellent mentorship and training in research.
• Engage partners in the community, health sector and industry to develop and deliver effective healthcare interventions.
• Deliver health education and scientific awareness to the community.
• Shape health and funding policy through evidence informed advocacy.