The University of Queensland - Centre for Advanced Imaging
Type of Organisation
Building 57, Research Road
St Lucia QLD 4072
The Centre for Advanced Imaging
The University of Queensland
St Lucia QLD 4072
+61 7 3365 4100
Dr Celia Webby
Deputy Director Operations
+61 7 3365 4235
• Academic Research Centre
• Health and Medical Research
• Research Services Provider
• Drug Discovery, Development, Delivery & Consultancy
• Education and Training
• Imaging - NMR, EPR, MRI, PET, CT, Optical and Image
• Imaging Services
• Mass Spectrometry
• Research Training
• Animal Health
• Human Healthcare
The Centre for Advanced Imaging (CAI) is a leading imaging research facility in Australia, and one of a handful of its kind in the world.
It brings together the skills of a critical mass of researchers and ‘state-of-the-art’ imaging instruments, housing:
• The first ultra high-field human MRI scanner (7T) in the Southern Hemisphere.
• The highest field animal MRI scanner (16.4T) and NMR Spectrometer (900 MHz) in Australia.
• The first small animal MRI-PET scanner in the world.
• A cyclotron and facilities for production of radiopharmaceuticals up to GMP standard.
NMR, EPR, MRI, PET, CT and optical imaging are key platform technologies for studying the structure and function of biomolecules
and living organisms in health and disease and facilitating drug discovery and validation. Our researchers work on innovations in
spectroscopic and imaging, from the development of new imaging technologies to imaging biomarkers for better understanding and
diagnosis of major diseases.
CAI’s facilities are available for the undertaking of translational research programs through to preclinical and early phase clinical trials
involving imaging endpoints and biomarkers. Imaging experts at the Centre can provide advice on the most appropriate imaging
protocols and methodology development, introduce advanced imaging methods and support data analysis.
Section 5: Organisational Members
Life Sciences Queensland Limited – www.lsq.com.au