QCIF (Queensland Cyber INfrastructure Foundation)
Type of Organisation
Level 5, Axon Building
The University of Queensland
St Lucia QLD 4072
+61 7 3365 7534
Dr Phil Gurney
+61 7 3365 7274
• Bioinformatics & Data Management Services
• Research Organisation
• Technology Development Company
• Bioinfomatics and Biomathematical Modelling
• Biostatistical Analysis
• Collaborative R&D Projects with Industry
• Innovation Thought Leadership & Consulting
• Services and Collaboration
• Training Services
• Agriculture Biotechnology
• Animal Health
• Environmental Biotechnology
• Human Healthcare
• Industrial Biotechnology
• Marine Biotechnology
QCIF is a not-for-profit company, owned by Queensland's research-intensive Universities, working to accelerate research and innovation
through the provision of data-intensive research services, infrastructure and partnerships.
QCIF supports the bioscience research community through:
• "high-performance cloud compute and data storage (QRIScloud),
• "on-demand bioinformatics, biostatistics and biodata services (QFAB),
• "training - available to researchers in academia, government, or industry - in the use of compute infrastructure, software platforms,
and the analysis of large data sets,
• "supporting the development and provision of software platforms to enable bioinformatics analysis (eg Galaxy Queensland,
Genomics Virtual Laboratory),
• "supporting the curation and transfer of Australian research data to international repositories (in partnership with EMBL-ABR).
QRIScloud lets researchers compute using large virtual clusters, host web services, store and share very large research datasets, and
collaborate across research communities nationally and internationally.
QFAB@QCIF provides on-demand expertise, allowing research groups to access professionals skilled in bioinformatics and biostatistics,
linkage of clinical data and the development of customised compute platforms.
QCIF's training courses and workshops enable participants to become more productive with large-data
problems, particularly as applied to 'omics research.
Section 5: Organisational Members
Life Sciences Queensland Limited – www.lsq.com.au